How does a product or service become the most loved, the most used in the market for the targeted customers? How does this product grow in fame and usage, its user base growing by the day? It possesses physical and usage features that attract the customers, not only with its looks but by its performance, its feature set, the pricing, the branding and also the way it is presented to the public. This applies to mobile applications too. A mobile app needs to be user-friendly, with a clean Graphical User Interface (GUI), widgets, and buttons that are easy to use and with a minimum amount of complications and steps. A mobile user wants something that helps them reach their goal in the app with ease and with a minimum amount of clicks and taps on the screen. All this is what creates an app that grows to become ‘A Billion Dollar Mobile App’.
Step 1: The Idea
First and foremost, you must come up with the idea for an app which will attract the most user base worldwide and keep the users coming back for more. It must be a solid idea, full of potential and you will need to give it your undivided attention to make it reach that billion dollar mark. This means that this app cannot just be something that you create for the benefit of the business. It means that this app must be something that benefits the customers, whether it’s a social welfare app or social networking app.
Step 2: Platform and Framework
Step 2.1: Native or Hybrid Platform?
Once you have a concrete idea, you must decide what kind of app you want to be developed in terms of development. Native app development is where the app will be developed according to a solitary operating system, for example, an iPhone app that takes full optimization of internal and physical features of the device. This app will only be available on the Apple App Store for installation on iPhones.
Hybrid (cross-platform) app development creates an app that will run on multiple operating systems and will be coded to help it adapt to the features of all the compatible devices and operating systems. These apps have to be separately updated though and resubmitted for approval.
You can learn more about Native vs. Web vs. Hybrid – Mobile Application Development Platforms in detail to help you in making the decision more easily.
If you choose native app development, you can find out How To Get The Most Out Of Native Mobile App Development for iOS too.
Step 2.2: Which Framework?
However, if you choose hybrid app development, you will need a cross platform app development framework and you must choose which framework to use for developing your mobile app. This is mostly important for the person who wants to develop their own app by themselves, but if you are hiring a developer or team, you may choose to know which framework is being used. 3 Most Powerful Frameworks For Cross-Platform Development compares 3 frameworks for mobile app development that are widely used worldwide.
Choose a framework that fulfills your needs, keeping in mind if it needs certain widgets and the affordability of the framework, its licenses, etc.
Once you decide which type of mobile app you want to be developed, you must start designing the interface according to the OS and device type. The designs must be in close accordance with the dimensions and specifics of the OS and device you choose.
Step 3: Mobile App Developer
Now that you have the idea and designs ready, you must hire a developer in the case that you are not developing the app yourself. For this, you must be knowledgeable in at least a few pointers to ensure that the mobile app developer you end up hiring and working with for the length of the project is suitable for the job.
These pointers are available in this link: Top 10 Most Important Things To Know Before Hiring Mobile App Developer. A short summary of the article is below:
- Skills – Your mobile app developer must be a holder of the required skill set.
- Portfolio – If they say they are experienced in mobile app development, it is necessary for you to check their portfolio of the apps they have worked on.
- Clients – Whether they are from an app development company or an individual, you should always contact their previous clients and ask them about your prospective employee’s performance, under pressure and in general.
- Previous Platforms – Whether you require them to work on a hybrid project or native, you must ask them which platforms they have previous experience with.
- Smartphone – If a developer is really that passionate about a certain OS, it is likely they own a smartphone of the same OS and with the apps in correspondence with the platforms they have worked on.
- Making Money – Ask the developer about how to make money using an app. If your purpose of the app is revenue, you need a developer with the knowledge base for e-commerce integration.
- Communication – Set a mode of communication that you will use where both, you and the developer are comfortable with communication.
- Testing – The candidate must be knowledgeable in creating and implementing a test plan and fixing glitches once the app is run and the problems are found in it.
- App Store Submission – The developer should have the skills for submitting and handling the process of app approval from the app store(s).
- Payment – You must decide on the mode of and rate of the payment to the development of your app before the work begins.
Head over to the linked article to read in more detail about these pointers for hiring the right developer for you.
Step 4: Marketing
While the main development phase holds the most importance, the marketing phase must never be forgotten. You must ensure that you acquire the best digital marketing services that you can find. This will help you create a social and brand image for your app, help you with the app store optimization and ensure maximum optimization of the social media. If you hire a mobile app development team or company, you might be provided with the marketing services too. Otherwise, make sure that the sales and marketing team/personnel you hire are efficient and help you achieve your aim of a billion dollar mobile app.
DevBatch provides you with an exceptional suite of services, ranging from mobile app development to digital marketing services and customizing your current apps too. We can help you achieve your goals of reaching the billion dollar mark. Get a free quote today for our mobile app development services and much more.