As far as web development services are concerned, frameworks fuel the performance of programming language and enrich their capabilities. They also contain libraries with coding shortcuts to save the developers from writing the similar code every time. Web frameworks offer development models, APIs, and other features to support a dynamic web app. Some of the web app development frameworks offer flexibility while others are more rigid but all of them have their own uses.
Modern, more efficient web developers have their own preferred frameworks and libraries that aid them to work effectively in a faster time frame. Some frameworks, these developers like more than others. But to claim mastery in the developmental game they need to have command on all latest technologies (including web frameworks). A pro developer knows how to save time through automation when probable & get the project conclude faster.
In this article are some pro and cons of backend developers that were popular in 2017. Even if you are not a developer you can read this article so you know what skills to look for when you need to hire a developer.
Ruby On Rails
This backend framework combines Ruby programming language, HTML, CSS & JS to build dynamic web apps. It has been used in some powerful enterprise-level websites. But it is also great for startups and small scale businesses’ website. It gems library offer code libraries and plug-ins for rapid development. Its ‘convention over configuration’ rule lessens the amount of coding and standardize the configurations. It also offers default database structures, web, and services.
- It is not a framework for beginners. Only experts with wide knowledge can utilize it properly.
- Ruby on Rails (RoR) developers need more server capacity and more resource than Python or PHP developers.
Django is basically a high level, MVC style framework powered by Python and Python versions until 3.4. Its fully stacked open source framework collection of Python libraries. It is fast, scalable, transparent and modular, enabling web developers to decide which functions do they require on their project. Django offers a full set of features including enriched API, Automatic database tables, Powerful cache framework for dynamic website building. It can also generate an admin panel for web configuration. Django being a native supporter of all common database engines like MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and PostgreSQL etc. make intermediate migration really easy. It offers its own lightweight development server for some beginner experimentation.
- Django has repeatedly declared a monolithic open source framework that keeps you bound within patterns.
- Not the best choice for smaller projects, you get large structures even for simple landing pages.
- With its dedication to backward compatibility, it gets more heavy and complex over time.
- Developing asynchronous processes for real-time chats and games is possible but complex.
M means MongoDB Database
E means Express.js backend framework
A means AngularJS the frontend network
N means Node.js development environment.
- You would need to install dozens of libraries to complete the development kit.
- The compatibility would present an issue when Node.js and Express.js interact, update in one would require an update in the other.
- Node processors are asynchronous and non-blocking, which doesn’t work for heavy computation.